Tribute to Polaris

At last, the Polaris is here.

Three years late but here it is none the less. After much debate amongst fans, watch purists, collectors and other enthusiasts Jaeger has decided to re-issue the Polaris in its original form. All that despite the AMVOX1 which is still in production and was initially meant to be just that. Actually, come to think of it, the AMVOX might have been responsible for triggering that demand. I have a feeling that Jaeger have gone the "Solomon" way by only modifying the movement and not the case, including the Hexalite crystal. This latter point to the delight of collectors and purists will not be understood by main stream enthusiast. I am afraid this Solomonic solution will leave only a few people happy (I must include myself in that group). Others would have liked something more in "accord" with the times, including sapphire Crystal glass, locking buttons, etc...

I don't think it will be worth more than list soon, and hike in price like most Limited APs. Yet I have a feeling that many, like me, that have been looking for a Polaris for years will not pas up the chance to own a new one. What is interesting is that both, a mint original and this re-edition will go for almost the same amount of money. Interesting...

As for myself, I am already on the list.

Jaeger leCoultre...

4 comments:

Velociphile said...

And I not, ironically......

KronosClub said...

I bet there are already a couple of us in line.

Will you be anywhere near Basel/Geneva this year?

Velociphile said...

Malheuresement non.

KronosClub said...

Ces dommage. La prochaine fois...