Richard Mille "RM020"

Here is Richard Mille's vision of a pocket watch.

RM surely makes one of the few bearable Tourbillons out there. It's almost ironic that Richard would place the Tourbillon back to where it was initially conceived for, the pocket watch. It should have never left it in the first place. Not very commercial in our days but a gutsy move none the less. This movement actually looks good enough to eventually land on a wrist. Who knows, they might decide to make it in a classic wristwatch case somewhere down the line. Long power reserves on manual winding watches are a blessing. believe me, winding them only once a week is a real joy! The chain, that is connected to the crown and winds the mechanism, reminds of the tail of a Scorpion. Nice touch.

I don't see myself getting my three-piece suits out of storage to enjoy this baby but I like the boldness none the less.

Richard Mille...

1 comment:

Speedmaster said...

I kind of like it, but find the RM018 to be somewhat unsightly.